Job Requirements, Description, Tasks for LFLG Paralegal and Office Coordinator
Levine Family Law Group, headquartered in Alameda, CA is seeking an Office Coordinator / Paralegal to join our team. This position is integral to operations and will help ensure that all aspects of the law firm are working well and coordinated so that we can deliver an excellent client experience. LFLG has two core offerings: (1) brick and mortar office working directly with local clients who have a range of family law needs (e.g. contested divorce, prenuptial agreement preparation, mediation etc.); and (2) virtual unbundled legal services across several states (e.g. legal coaching & advice, review and revision of legal documents) to the clientele that are using the Hello Divorce platform / services to get divorced.
Mission: The mission for this role is to provide our lawyers with the support they need to deliver excellent customer service and to coordinate our contractors/vendors so that the office runs smoothly and remains profitable.
There is room for growth and other opportunities that will follow – particularly in the legal side of operations and/or management of “people”.
Experience working in a legal office as an experienced legal assistant, paralegal and office manager or coordinator.
Experience in family law, process/systems; willing to learn basic family law procedure and case flow from Petition through Judgment
Currently or willing to become a California Notary Public
Forward-thinking, self-motivated, proactive problem solver, accountable, and communicative
Interest in learning the ‘business’ side of the legal – coordinating vendors/ contractors who serve LFLG employees and customers and ensuring that they are doing their job well and have what they need to succeed
Team player and “people person” (you’ll be working with a lot of people!)
You love details, organization and systems!
Comfortable with ‘paperless’ office technology and paper files: Experience with or willing to learn Clio, Adobe Pro, LawYaw, Outlook, Slack, Zoom, Excel, Odyssey,
Position requires availability to come into our Alameda office location at least two days per week to receive, scan, and log mail and process outgoing mail + meet with our lawyer(s)
Experience working directly with customers/ clientele in an empathetic, responsive and confident manner
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Filing pleadings in all California courts through mail, fax filing, or Odyssey portal
- Process and record checks for filing fees and other client costs
- Record, track, and scan incoming and outgoing mail
- Track all mail sent via certified mail or return receipt requested
- Send mail via UPS or FedEx as needed
- Enter and maintain updated client information in MyCase and/or Clio
- Upload all case documents to client’s MyCase and/or Clio portal
- Schedule and coordinate personal service of Petitions and other documents as needed, through attorney services
- Manage Clio calendar to track client deadlines, status conferences, and other hearings
- Manage senior attorney’s calendar – helping them to stay organized, move quickly and keep clients informed of progress
- Manage and track all internal and external deadlines – including filing deadlines, draft document deadlines and attorney deadlines
- Prepare/draft judicial council forms and pleadings
- Electronically redact sensitive client information on financial documents
- Notarize Judgments and other documents for clients as needed
- Compile, copy, and mail Judgment packages to court
- Securely maintain original signature documents
- Maintain and update internal data, manuals and standard operating procedures
- Provide administrative and customer service support for Levine Family Law Group
- Coordinate and manage staff calendars and staff meetings
- Act as a liaison between staff and intake team
- Manage vendor relations and orders
- Keep office organized and well-stocked (supplies, snacks etc.)
Competitive salary, 401k, excellent benefits, Distributed workforce (WFH 2-3 days per week)
25-35 hours per week