Judgment Set Aside

In California, several family law and civil statutes authorize a party to request a ‘set aside’ of their divorce, legal separation or domestic partnership dissolution. This is not ‘automatic’ and is only granted under limited circumstances. There are also ‘statute of limitations’ that prevent a party from seeking a Judgment ‘set aside’ if too much time has passed. A judgment set aside is essentially when a party seeks an alternative resolution to an order, and does so by petitioning the court and presenting the requisite criteria to show the order should be disregarded.

If you believe your circumstances qualify to have your judgment set aside, contact our office today to discuss your options.

Our Services